Sunday 25 March 2012

My first poem

This is when I first tried my hand at poetry...



I was standing in the corner
Looking at the road ahead
They seemed to stretch on for miles
I started in a slow tread

I walked on and on
I looked on either side
There were people all around me
From whom I wanted to hide

They all seemed so happy
Though I couldnt see the reason why
I tried to smile and join them
All I felt was a tear in my eye

I went on further ahead
Leaving them all behind
In search of the thing I was missing
Which I so badly wanted to find

At last I reached my stop
Where I most wanted to be
I could see you waiting there
The only thing I was longing to see

You stretched out your hand
You beckoned me near
It was all I ever wanted
There was nothing now to fear

I came closer to you
I saw you dissappear
It was all an illusion
I lost a one very dear

Reality struck me hard
And at a very high cost
And as the darkness engulfed me
I realised what I had lost


3 comments: