Friday 17 February 2012

A moving experience

Certain experiences in life shows me how lucky I am. I lead a normal life where I have family and friends who love me and let me live a very sheltered life. But when I look out at the world and its darker side the reality flashes. Their are so many children in our country and in this world who do not get even half the love and care that we get from our families and friends. I visited an NGO today and interacted with these small kids. The warmth, love and affection  that they showed was really touching. They recounted their experiences and their reasons for running away from home. Some said their parents did not want them, some were tortured and all of them craved love and affection. They were happy with whatever they had. 
I had a wonderful time and became a kid with them playing football, cricket and badminton. Their enthusiasm and talent amazed me. After a long time I really felt good about something I had done. Good about myself for visiting these kids. It made me think and reflect on my life and how fortunate I am to be given the opportunity to do such a lot in life without facing too many hardships.

1 comment: