Tuesday 14 February 2012

love and more

A day dedicated to lovers everywhere. A day for chocolates, flowers, cards and candle-light dinners. Recently I heard a cute story where a 10 year old boy wanted to make Valentines day special for his crush. He took Rs.100 from his mother and bought two roses for her and took her out to have puchka and ice cream. he also made a card for her. Seriously love has no boundaries. Even a young boy finds ways of expressing his love.
 This day is not just limited to couples. It is for everyone who loves someone or the other. Be it a friend  or a relative.  If one loves themselves, they can make the day special to oneself as well. It is not said anywhere that valentines day can only be celebrated with ones partner. It can also be a close friend or a relative or a group of friends having fun together. One can gift themselves something that they really like. That way you can make yourself feel special. Treat yourself to good food of your choice, listen to some great music and do something that makes you happy. In short do something for yourself.


I for one, love doing things by myself.
I would love to spend the day doing some of my favourite things. Watching a movie, playing my favourite sports, eating lots of good food, meeting my friends and go for a long drive finally curling up with a nice book while listening to good music. A day dedicated to myself.

1 comment:

  1. Well-written piece! enjoyed reading it... keep posting.

    ReplyDelete